Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Top Gear with My Son, James


Like any good father, I hope to inspire my young son to take up a suitable trade. Medicine, law--or perhaps Formula 1 racing?!?! We'll see. I've already had him out to the track once (to watch), and he proved he could drive (sort of) last weekend, when he took the wheel of a kiddie tractor at Underwood Family Farms in the Simi Valley (before it became part of the fire zone). Can Karts be far off? Anyhow, at night while his sister is reading about fairy princesses and magical sprites, we fire up YouTube and watch Top Gear. Last night, we stumbled across this 2007 interview with F1 driver Lewis Hamilton, who I blogged about yesterday. Watch until the end and see Hamilton nearly outdo the best time ever in the Reasonably Priced car lap. And pay attention to Jeremy Clarkson's quip about Hamilton's secondary sex characteristics. (James, by the way, knows Clarkson as "that funny guy.")

Also, as Top Gear's YouTube channel disables HTML code, I posted what looks like old spy video of Hamilton filming the Reasonably Priced segment.

James and I will be tuning into the Chinese Grand Prix this weekend, for some exciting down-the-stretch racing action.

No comments: